Thursday, February 6, 2014

Going Barefoot On Caye Caulker

I want to start my new blog with a post about my little Caye Girl and her creative mind. As you may know we are living on a small island called Caye Caulker, in Belize. We are originally from Northern European country Estonia. The thing with Estonia is that both women and men in my country are rather craftsy. So am I possessed with knitting, crocheing and lately beadwork and macramè. I love the fact that also my girl shows lots of interest in handcrafts, doing it in her own way.

Here on Caye Caulker I make and sell barefoot sandals together with another Estonian, Piret. My Caye Girl loves the sandals too, naturally and so we have made her some 3 different designs. We are selling the sandals both on the island but also in our Etsy shop Caribbeanspirit.

No comes the coolest part - she tuned the sandals with small beads and loves wearing them in her way - either one at the time or by mixing two different colors. Here you see one in rasta color and the other one in Belize flag colors (or American colors):


No comments:

Post a Comment